- Flowers, Chocolates, and Love are essentially the Valentine’s Day classics and with it just around the corner let me “ganga-fy” this holiday for you all:
Flowers-Give her the Flowers she REALLY Wants:
Cannabis has got to be the sexiest flower and there are actually some strains that are known to improve your sex life. For example, Girl Scout Cookies has a mood-boosting high that is known to cause arousal. So if your on your fifth date with someone, looking to cook them a romantic candle lit dinner and have a great deep conversation. This strain will transport you somewhere hot and exotic. The perfect combination to take things to the next level, if you know what I mean. (5 Cannabis Strains For 5 Specific Types of Sex)
And how you wrap those flowers can be very important too! If your in the LA area I highly recommend stopping by the Hitman Coffee Shop, 659 South La Brea Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90036 and grab your Valentine a heart shaped blunt by the infamous Weavers.
The Hitman Coffee Shop will also be having a popup shop Feb 10-15th featuring artistic blunts, pendents, paintings, pipes and more. Maybe something to do on Valentine’s day or at least a great stop to pick up that heart blunt!
Chocolate-Cannabis Infused Chocolate Covered Strawberries (or bananas work too):
There’s not a girl in this world who doesn’t appreciate a man who cooks! And lucky for those who don’t cook, to make infused chocolate covered strawberries isn’t rocket science.
First things first, you need to make some cannabis coconut oil. I recommend 1 cup coconut oil to 1 cup cannabis but you can add more cannabis to make it stronger or less for a lesser effect. Whatever you choose this is how to make it : (Directions complements of Leafly)
Infused Oil Directions: (It’s like making cannabutter but with coconut oil)
- Grind the cannabis. You can include the entire plant, just the flower, a little bit of both — this is all a matter of preference. Just keep in mind that anything small enough to fit through the strainer will end up in your finished product, so again, do not grind your cannabis to a fine powder.
- Combine coconut oil and cannabis in your double-boiler or slow cooker, and heat the two together on low or warm for a few hours. This allows for decarboxylation (activation of THC) without scorching (which destroys the active ingredients). Cooking can be done a variety of ways: in a slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally; in a double-boiler on low for at least 6 hours (8 is better), stirring occasionally; or in a simple saucepan on low for at least three hours, stirring frequently (a saucepan is most susceptible to scorching). In all cases, a small amount of water can be added to the mixture to help avoid burning. Note: whatever method you choose, temperature of the oil should not exceed 245°F.
- Strain and store the oil. Do not squeeze the cheesecloth; this will simply add more chlorophyll to your oil. All remaining plant material can be discarded or used in other dishes if you have the wherewithal. The oil’s shelf life is at least two months, and can be extended with refrigeration.
On a side note here, once you have your oil you can use it for so many things. Even a lubricant in the bedroom, seriously!
Chocolate Covered Strawberries Directions:
But now back to the strawberries. The oil is the most time consuming part of this recipe. Once you have your infused coconut oil all you need is some chocolate chips and some some strawberries.
2 Steps left:
1. Melt your chocolate chips and infused oil together. You can do stove top or microwave (I think stove top is better, but to each his own). Once melted let it sit til it reaches room temp.
2. Dip the strawberries (or sliced bananas, I actually like those better) into the melted chocolate. And stick them in the frig.
You can go even simpler and make some Canna Lovers Popcorn to munch on for the “Nexflix and Chill” style date!
Love-Setting the Mood :
Finally the love. Just by remembering the day I’d say you pretty much got the love covered! What to do on the day, where’s it all going to go down?…well damn there are so many options. The classic dinner and a movie is always great ( just don’t go see the new fifty shades of grey, it sucks, they all suck) Laying outside looking up at the stars, classic romantic make out point stuff. Renting a hotel room, staying home?? It’s up to you. Like I said doing anything your pretty much good.
But if your trying to go above and beyond when you do end up back indoors eventually, light up a terp infused candle. As I explained in my last post Entourage in Full Effect these candles magnify the therapeutic benefits of the cannabis, in other words they get you higher! And who doesn’t wanna do that?
If you do a hotel or stay home, nothings sexier than a bubble bath for two and if you just happen to have yourself a CBD bath bomb that bubble bath can be oh so much better! With some intense relaxation that just melts all stress away.
By now I’m sure we are getting the picture here? Infused strawberries (maybe with some champagne), Terpene infused candle lit CBD bubble baths, heart shaped blunts containing a strain known for arousal?? Yeah, your getting it. Do one of them, do them all, just do something, even if it’s nothing on my stoner guide. That’s all a girl really wants. And if your single? This advice is still good. There’s way more room in the bathtub when your alone and sharing is something I’ve never been good at anyway, so why do you have to be? Spoil yourself!
Hope this post helps and you have yourselves a highly successful Valentines Day! ( Feb 14th)
Aromatherapy has been around for at least the past 6000 years. And as we know from my post, “There’s a lot more to Weed than just Smoking it,”there’s an aromatherapy aspect to cannabis thanks to the predominate terpenes in each strain. So what if you could light a terp infused candle the next time you light up for a sesh?
Thanks to Kush Candles now you can!
Kush Candles were created with the cannabis community in mind. Each candle has a unique combination of essential oils and terpenes to truly capture the essence of each strain.
Terpenes are great for aromatherapy. For example, Myrcene, known to not only help the effects of THC take effect more quickly, but also allows your body to absorb more of it! Because the entourage effect magnifies the therapeutic benefits of the cannabis plant’s individual components so that the medicinal impact of the whole plant is greater than the sum of its parts.
Kush Candles are infused with the 4 most commonly found terpenes in cannabis:
- Aroma: earthy, musky, herbal
- Effects: “couch-lock” effect, relaxing
- Most commonly found terpene in cannabis
- Lowers the blood to brain barrier. In the case of consuming cannabis, it allows the THC to take effect more quickly
- Shown to increase the maximum saturation level of your CB1 receptor, leading to much stronger effects of THC.
- Aroma: strong citrus smell, like lemons and oranges,with notes of sweetness
- Effects: energizing, uplift in mood and attitude
- Highly absorbed through inhalation
- Assists in the absorption of other terpenes
And with Valentines day around the corner I couldn’t think of a better way to set the mood than with a terpene infused candle. You can find a great article for more information on terpenes here on Leafly. But definitely put your order in with Kush Candles sooner than later because I ordered my white widow and grandaddy purp candles for Christmas and they did not arrive on time. Another option for terp candles comes from Hemper, their aroma candles collection is about to launch but you can order candles right now here from Hemper for just $9.99 which is cheaper than Kush Candles set at $14.99 (both plus shipping). Not sure how fast Hemper ships but I’d keep them in mind to reach an entourage in full effect. Be sure to check out my Stoners Guide to Valentines day on February 1st here at Smokette.net!
And as always stay lit!
Cannabis, weed, ganja, pot, whatever you call it. If you smoke it or not you know it gets you high. And when it comes to drug test all we worry about is THC. But there’s a lot more to weed than just smoking it and THC is only one of the several cannabinoids found in this beauty of a plant….
Our bodies actually house what is known as the the endogenous cannabinoid system: “Endocannabinoids and their receptors are found throughout the body: in the brain, organs, connective tissues, glands, and immune cells. In each tissue, the cannabinoid system performs different tasks, but the goal is always the same: homeostasis, the maintenance of a stable internal environment despite fluctuations in the external environment.”
This plant has power! And it is a cure to so many different illnesses that it’s astonishing! And that’s all thanks those these wonderful things called cannabinoids.
THC (Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol) the one we are most familiar with has it’s psychoactive properties that get us high but CBD (cannabidiol ) can stop cancer.
Actually several cannabinoids found in marijuana have demonstrated the ability to stop cancer angiogenesis and metastasis, while inducing apoptosis. Cannabidiol (CBD) has shown to be the most effective so far.
In English, cannabinoids prevent cancer cells from growing and spreading, then makes them commit suicide.
- CBN : Which is actually a breakdown product of the famous THC. It helps us sleep, increases our appetite, is an anti-convulsion, anti-inflammatory, is even an antibiotic, it helps with pain, burns and more.
- THCA :The precursor to THC and a great reason to try a raw cannabis smoothie! Because not only does it help you not vomit, not get bitten by bugs and happens to be a great anti-inflammatory, Raw THCA is an antioxidant! And can prevent cancer and possibly Parkinson’s Disease.
- CBG : With it’s antibacterial effects is known to kill or slow bacterial growth, reduce inflammation, (particularly in its acidic CBGA form,) inhibit cell growth in tumor/cancer cells, and promote bone growth.
And when looking at the medical benefits to marijuana it’s important to know that all it’s components work together to create this wonderful thing known as the “entourage effect” that magnifies the therapeutic benefits of the plant’s individual components.
Consider terpenes for example. There’s an aromatherapy aspect to weed too because the delicious scent it carries is all thanks to the predominate terpenes in its’ strain.
Terpenoids and cannabinoids both increase blood flow, enhance cortical activity and kills respiratory pathogens. When it comes to choosing which strain is right for you, it’s recommended that “the nose knows.” If you like how it smells, your probably going to like the effect. There are over 200 different terpenes: linalool, myreene, delta 3, etc. My favorite being Limonene, with it’s citrus smell, found in white widow, along with:
And then we have the concentrates! Rosin, live resin, Co2, Pho…
According to High Times, “The rosin revolution is real”
Concentrated cannabis products, such as shatter, wax, pre-filled vape pens and related extracts are in incredible demand across the country. And if you have already tried it then you know why! For me I need so little to get such a huge impact! And that’s because buds, typically contain between 10-20 percent THC (getting as potent as about 30 percent, in rare cases), in contrast concentrates can offer between 60-95 percent THC, making for a much more efficient way to get your medicine. For more on concentrates I recommend Mass Roots.
There’s a lot to know about cannabis and how it helps us. I’m not an expert and so I have provided several links throughout this post for you to get more info. In conclusion I hope that what you get out of this is that I put everything together for you. The cannabinoids, terpenes, concentrates, endocannabinoid system, and the entourage effect. I didn’t go into great detail about each, because I’m not an expert, instead I just provided you with the links. Like an all in one everything you should know about weed grocery list in a way. The cannabis movement is something that’s very important to me and I just wanted to put it out there that weed does way more than just get you high and we should all try to educate ourselves to the best of our ability.