When you think about it, what is a blunt or a hemp wrap really?
Back when I first started smoking weed my favorite blunts were Garcia Vegas’ because you could actually see the veins of the tobacco leaf:
And they are easy to roll but now I’ve turned over a new leaf (pun intended) and switched to a healthier alternative with hemp wraps. My favorite being Juicy Jays which clearly states on the package are “made from natural toasted hemp.”
Making it become clearer and clearer that really a blunt or hemp wrap is really just a leaf! So if you’re like me and have gotten sick of dealing with the “plugs”and went on to grow your own cannabis:
With Croptober right around the corner, then you should have plenty of cannabis leaves (fan leaves) laying around right?
So why not use them to roll!?!?!
To be honest I was surprised that it actually worked but it did!
And here’s how I did it:
- Set your oven to broil.
- Grind the herb that your going to use to fill your DIY blunt with and set it to the side.
- Grab your cannabis leaf that your going to roll. Put your fan leaf (you only need one of the 5-7 points) in the oven for 15 seconds. You want to dry it out some but not completely.
- Now go ahead and fill with your herb and roll as normal. It’s kind of thin but totally doable.
- Once rolled place your rolled blunt back in the oven for another 15 seconds to set.
- Now light it up and enjoy!
It smokes just like a regular roll and naturally contains CBD! I will say that it turns off a lot but I had the same compliant about Vegas’ so it’s not really that big of a deal and that’s what’s up! Stay lit fam!
Nothing says summer like a fruity, refreshing Sangria! And since alcohol can increase the impact of THC by up to 50%. Along with the combination of the terpenes in both the grapes used to make the wine and the cannabinoids in your finest ganja taste delicious! This cannabis infused sangria recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser. So lets get started:
This is a simple to follow recipe and you’re only going to need a few things.
- 1/8 grams of your finest weed (You could use more if you want. I came up with an 1/8 because I figured I can smoke an 1/8 by myself and drink a bottle of wine by myself so it seemed to be the right amount for me personally)
- 1 bottle of red wine (I used a Cabernet Sauvignon, my favorite, which ever wine you choose make sure it’s a dry red, not a sweet red)
- 10 pineapple chunks about a 1/2inch by a 1/2 inch cubed
- 1 orange sliced up thin
- 10 strawberries hulled and diced
- 14-20 green grapes cut in half
- 1 large pot or saucepan
- Cheesecloth and/or strainer (I use both)
- A pitcher
Once you’ve completed your prep the next part is called fortifying/infusing the wine. In theory Sangria is a fruit infused wine. But we are taking one step further by adding herb to it. Similar to what they have done since biblical times in making mulled wine. In case you don’t know the difference between mulled wine and sangria is that you serve sangria cold, that’s it.
- Pour the wine into the pot and place it on the stove.
- Add cannabis and half the above listed fruit, of coarse you can use different fruit if you’d like. However this recipe will bring out and enhance several elements of both the wine and the cannabis. It is a fact that vitamin C and citrus add to the entourage effect.
- Boil the mixture at a low flame for about two hours, checking frequently to make sure it’s not all evaporating. The process of boiling everything together will decarboxylate the cannabis.
- Strain the wine from the fruit and cannabis through a cheesecloth and/or strainer. See I put the cheesecloth in the strainer but you really don’t have to use both.
- Let the wine cool off.
- Fill a pitcher with remaining fruit and ice.
- And finally pour the infused wine you just created into your fruit and ice filled pitcher.
Warning: The results may be stronger than you expected, so take it slow and of coarse enjoy!
FYI: Don’t forget to eat the fruit at the the end either. Little fact about me, I got drunk for the 1st time when I was around 4 or 5 years old at a New Years eve party because my very young mother didn’t know that the fruit absorbs the liquor and I was eating everybody’s cocktail cherries in their drinks. So eat the fruit it’s an edible on its own. (I still love cocktail cherries by the way)
Hope you liked my cannabis infused sangria recipe and as always stay lit!