When you think about it, what is a blunt or a hemp wrap really?
Back when I first started smoking weed my favorite blunts were Garcia Vegas’ because you could actually see the veins of the tobacco leaf:
And they are easy to roll but now I’ve turned over a new leaf (pun intended) and switched to a healthier alternative with hemp wraps. My favorite being Juicy Jays which clearly states on the package are “made from natural toasted hemp.”
Making it become clearer and clearer that really a blunt or hemp wrap is really just a leaf! So if you’re like me and have gotten sick of dealing with the “plugs”and went on to grow your own cannabis:
With Croptober right around the corner, then you should have plenty of cannabis leaves (fan leaves) laying around right?
So why not use them to roll!?!?!
To be honest I was surprised that it actually worked but it did!
And here’s how I did it:
- Set your oven to broil.
- Grind the herb that your going to use to fill your DIY blunt with and set it to the side.
- Grab your cannabis leaf that your going to roll. Put your fan leaf (you only need one of the 5-7 points) in the oven for 15 seconds. You want to dry it out some but not completely.
- Now go ahead and fill with your herb and roll as normal. It’s kind of thin but totally doable.
- Once rolled place your rolled blunt back in the oven for another 15 seconds to set.
- Now light it up and enjoy!
It smokes just like a regular roll and naturally contains CBD! I will say that it turns off a lot but I had the same compliant about Vegas’ so it’s not really that big of a deal and that’s what’s up! Stay lit fam!