- Flowers, Chocolates, and Love are essentially the Valentine’s Day classics and with it just around the corner let me “ganga-fy” this holiday for you all:
Flowers-Give her the Flowers she REALLY Wants:
Cannabis has got to be the sexiest flower and there are actually some strains that are known to improve your sex life. For example, Girl Scout Cookies has a mood-boosting high that is known to cause arousal. So if your on your fifth date with someone, looking to cook them a romantic candle lit dinner and have a great deep conversation. This strain will transport you somewhere hot and exotic. The perfect combination to take things to the next level, if you know what I mean. (5 Cannabis Strains For 5 Specific Types of Sex)
And how you wrap those flowers can be very important too! If your in the LA area I highly recommend stopping by the Hitman Coffee Shop, 659 South La Brea Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90036 and grab your Valentine a heart shaped blunt by the infamous Weavers.
The Hitman Coffee Shop will also be having a popup shop Feb 10-15th featuring artistic blunts, pendents, paintings, pipes and more. Maybe something to do on Valentine’s day or at least a great stop to pick up that heart blunt!
Chocolate-Cannabis Infused Chocolate Covered Strawberries (or bananas work too):
There’s not a girl in this world who doesn’t appreciate a man who cooks! And lucky for those who don’t cook, to make infused chocolate covered strawberries isn’t rocket science.
First things first, you need to make some cannabis coconut oil. I recommend 1 cup coconut oil to 1 cup cannabis but you can add more cannabis to make it stronger or less for a lesser effect. Whatever you choose this is how to make it : (Directions complements of Leafly)
Infused Oil Directions: (It’s like making cannabutter but with coconut oil)
- Grind the cannabis. You can include the entire plant, just the flower, a little bit of both — this is all a matter of preference. Just keep in mind that anything small enough to fit through the strainer will end up in your finished product, so again, do not grind your cannabis to a fine powder.
- Combine coconut oil and cannabis in your double-boiler or slow cooker, and heat the two together on low or warm for a few hours. This allows for decarboxylation (activation of THC) without scorching (which destroys the active ingredients). Cooking can be done a variety of ways: in a slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally; in a double-boiler on low for at least 6 hours (8 is better), stirring occasionally; or in a simple saucepan on low for at least three hours, stirring frequently (a saucepan is most susceptible to scorching). In all cases, a small amount of water can be added to the mixture to help avoid burning. Note: whatever method you choose, temperature of the oil should not exceed 245°F.
- Strain and store the oil. Do not squeeze the cheesecloth; this will simply add more chlorophyll to your oil. All remaining plant material can be discarded or used in other dishes if you have the wherewithal. The oil’s shelf life is at least two months, and can be extended with refrigeration.
On a side note here, once you have your oil you can use it for so many things. Even a lubricant in the bedroom, seriously!
Chocolate Covered Strawberries Directions:
But now back to the strawberries. The oil is the most time consuming part of this recipe. Once you have your infused coconut oil all you need is some chocolate chips and some some strawberries.
2 Steps left:
1. Melt your chocolate chips and infused oil together. You can do stove top or microwave (I think stove top is better, but to each his own). Once melted let it sit til it reaches room temp.
2. Dip the strawberries (or sliced bananas, I actually like those better) into the melted chocolate. And stick them in the frig.
You can go even simpler and make some Canna Lovers Popcorn to munch on for the “Nexflix and Chill” style date!
Love-Setting the Mood :
Finally the love. Just by remembering the day I’d say you pretty much got the love covered! What to do on the day, where’s it all going to go down?…well damn there are so many options. The classic dinner and a movie is always great ( just don’t go see the new fifty shades of grey, it sucks, they all suck) Laying outside looking up at the stars, classic romantic make out point stuff. Renting a hotel room, staying home?? It’s up to you. Like I said doing anything your pretty much good.
But if your trying to go above and beyond when you do end up back indoors eventually, light up a terp infused candle. As I explained in my last post Entourage in Full Effect these candles magnify the therapeutic benefits of the cannabis, in other words they get you higher! And who doesn’t wanna do that?
If you do a hotel or stay home, nothings sexier than a bubble bath for two and if you just happen to have yourself a CBD bath bomb that bubble bath can be oh so much better! With some intense relaxation that just melts all stress away.
By now I’m sure we are getting the picture here? Infused strawberries (maybe with some champagne), Terpene infused candle lit CBD bubble baths, heart shaped blunts containing a strain known for arousal?? Yeah, your getting it. Do one of them, do them all, just do something, even if it’s nothing on my stoner guide. That’s all a girl really wants. And if your single? This advice is still good. There’s way more room in the bathtub when your alone and sharing is something I’ve never been good at anyway, so why do you have to be? Spoil yourself!
Hope this post helps and you have yourselves a highly successful Valentines Day! ( Feb 14th)
Trick Or Treat! There’s a little chill in the air and with fall upon us and winter coming it’s officially cuffing season. As it gets colder we tend to stay indoors nice and warm watching some horror movies and cuddling. Or at least that’s what I like to do. In fact I’m probably having a Friday the 13th marathon next Friday and if we’re on the same page here then do I have a treat for you! The easiest edible ever, that I actually created last night, and fits in perfect with binge watching and couch-gating!
Cannalovers Popcorn: (Cannabis infused Popcorn)
I must warn you these are extremely addictive
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup melted CannaButter
- A bag of ACT II microwave popcorn ( or whatever microwave popcorn you prefer)
- 2.5 minutes
- Melt your CannaButter
- Pop your popcorn in the microwave (for me its 2 minutes)
- Pour butter on popped popcorn as so:
Salt to liking and finally Enjoy!
Yes you read that right! I got my dogs high and they liked it! Turns out humans are not the only mammals with cannabinoid receptors, in fact most mammals do and you can definitely get your dogs high. However safety is of utmost importance.Read More
The amount of cannabis given to your doggie is very important. There have actually been reports of dogs dying :
But in the same breath, Cannabis can be especially helpful for older dogs suffering from hip dysplasia and glaucoma, common issues with a majority of older pets. It also helps to alleviate pain, stimulate appetite, and lead to a better quality of life. Cannabis-infused tincture is one of the best forms to cannabis to give to your pet.
I fact ,
The late Dr. Doug Kramer, known as the “Vet Guru” risked his career by promoting medical marijuana for dogs. He developed a homemade tincture for his very own dog that suffered from cancer. He realized the benefits she had from using marijuana which made her last few months much more comfortable. He started Enlightened Veterinary Therapeutics, the country’s first vet to offer medical marijuana for dogs and other pets.
Another great and safe option (also what I did) are these homemade cannabis infused dog treats! I made them for my dogs:
The the effects looked like this:
Followed by some napping, silly dog smiles and munchies, they were so licking their chops for more! Plus, the pumpkin helps to alleviate any stomach issues, and promotes healthy digestions. Plus, it’s a great way to use any leftover jack-o-lanterns from Halloween!
- 1/2 cup cooked/canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons powdered milk
- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon bacon grease (melted)
- 3 Tablespoons cannabis butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix your pumpkin, egg, and salt together.
- Slowly add a cup of flour at a time (until the consistency is more doughy, and less sticky)
- Roll the dough out to 1/2 inch thickness, and cut into shapes
- Bake for 20 minutes on one side, then turn over and bake another 20 minutes.
- Let the treat cool-down for 10 minutes before basting with melted bacon grease & cannabis butter.
Let’s even have our dogs lit! And Definitely check out The Weed Scene for some awesome recipes like this Dank Cheesecake:
that you might have already seen on my Instagram @Smokette_
Recently my grandmother asked me for some Mary Jane but she didn’t want to smoke it so I had to find a way for her to have the full effect without having to smoke and so of course that means it was time to make edibles! It took some investigating but quickly it was clear that all one has to do to make edibles is make cannabutter. Once you have the cannabutter anything that you need butter for can be made into an edible. And I do mean anything; lasagna, mac and cheese, lollipops, pancakes, cookies, whatever. There are other options too such as coconut oil but I took the butter route and this is how I did it: Read More
Things you need:
- 1/2 oz of weed (I used buds but you can use trim)
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- A pot and a glass bowl that fits in the pot with a lid
- cheese cloth
This is how I did it:
- In the video it says to wrap your weed in a cheese cloth, I’m sure you can but I didn’t. My first step was to put water in a pot on the stove and start heating it.
- Once my water was hot I put a glass bowl in the pot with the water still heating under it and I chopped up my 2 sticks of butter and put it in the glass bowl.
- Once my butter melted I added one cup of water and my weed to the melted butter and put the lid on.
- Then I camped out in my kitchen for 2 hours stirring the weed with the butter every now and then, always checking there was water in the pot beneath the glass bowl (and refilling the water).
- 2 hours past and I put a cheese cloth on my strainer, then strained my melted bud filled butter into another bowl. I strained it very good and then put that bowl in the frig and went to sleep.
- The next day I pulled my solid cannabutter out of the bowl in the frig and used it to make my grandma cookies.
It was also recommended to me by a good friend to decarboxylate my bud at 250 degrees in the oven before cooking the butter to pull out the terpenes. (optional but not a bad idea at all)
For it being the first time I’ve ever done this, I did very good. I did use real kush bud, not trim and maybe that’s why my cookies were so strong. To say the least everyone, especially grandma felt the nice mellow stoned body high for hours! The next few days after I used what I had left over of my cannabutter to make eggs and pancakes and now I’m planning to figure out how to make coconut oil to make some chocolate covered something or at least some more butter to make a lasagna. For being a weed smoker, I’ve got to say it took a while to kick in but I loved the body high and how long it last. For me it starts with a tingling in my lips… and I feel literally “stoned” for hours. I think the cookie monster has been eating these for years because I can’t get the idea of “Cookiessss” (In the cookie monster voice) out of my mind. Definitely edibles are so worth the time it takes to make the cannabutter. I highly recommend trying it out! Stay lit!