Recently my grandmother asked me for some Mary Jane but she didn’t want to smoke it so I had to find a way for her to have the full effect without having to smoke and so of course that means it was time to make edibles! It took some investigating but quickly it was clear that all one has to do to make edibles is make cannabutter. Once you have the cannabutter anything that you need butter for can be made into an edible. And I do mean anything; lasagna, mac and cheese, lollipops, pancakes, cookies, whatever. There are other options too such as coconut oil but I took the butter route and this is how I did it: Read More
Things you need:
- 1/2 oz of weed (I used buds but you can use trim)
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- A pot and a glass bowl that fits in the pot with a lid
- cheese cloth
This is how I did it:
- In the video it says to wrap your weed in a cheese cloth, I’m sure you can but I didn’t. My first step was to put water in a pot on the stove and start heating it.
- Once my water was hot I put a glass bowl in the pot with the water still heating under it and I chopped up my 2 sticks of butter and put it in the glass bowl.
- Once my butter melted I added one cup of water and my weed to the melted butter and put the lid on.
- Then I camped out in my kitchen for 2 hours stirring the weed with the butter every now and then, always checking there was water in the pot beneath the glass bowl (and refilling the water).
- 2 hours past and I put a cheese cloth on my strainer, then strained my melted bud filled butter into another bowl. I strained it very good and then put that bowl in the frig and went to sleep.
- The next day I pulled my solid cannabutter out of the bowl in the frig and used it to make my grandma cookies.
It was also recommended to me by a good friend to decarboxylate my bud at 250 degrees in the oven before cooking the butter to pull out the terpenes. (optional but not a bad idea at all)
For it being the first time I’ve ever done this, I did very good. I did use real kush bud, not trim and maybe that’s why my cookies were so strong. To say the least everyone, especially grandma felt the nice mellow stoned body high for hours! The next few days after I used what I had left over of my cannabutter to make eggs and pancakes and now I’m planning to figure out how to make coconut oil to make some chocolate covered something or at least some more butter to make a lasagna. For being a weed smoker, I’ve got to say it took a while to kick in but I loved the body high and how long it last. For me it starts with a tingling in my lips… and I feel literally “stoned” for hours. I think the cookie monster has been eating these for years because I can’t get the idea of “Cookiessss” (In the cookie monster voice) out of my mind. Definitely edibles are so worth the time it takes to make the cannabutter. I highly recommend trying it out! Stay lit!