Back when I first made cannabutter last year it occurred to me that anything can be make into an edible. After all these years of having my free spirit killed by domestication, now I wake up everyday and start breakfast. Last year, the day after making my first batch of cannabutter actually, I woke up to make some eggs but I didn’t have any real butter just cannabutter, so I thought to myself, “what the hell,” and just fried up some eggs in the cannabutter. To realize later that those eggs had us laid out on the couch watching TV all day seriously baked. And so since then, this has turned into a thing. Saturdays now, when there’s time to couchgate all day, are for Waking, Baking (with the morning smoke sesh) and Brunching! And in my house this CannaBrunch Burger is a fan favorite:
Serving portion: 4 Burgers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 eggs
- Adobo (with the red cap)
- 4 burger buns
- 4 slices of Sargento sliced cheddar cheese
- 8 strips of bacon
- minced garlic (I use the one in the jar)
- 4 rectangular frozen hash browns
- 1 1/2 sticks of cannabutter
- This is really pretty quick so the first thing I do is set my oven to 420 degrees.
- Then I grab the ground beef and put 2 egg yolks in. Then 2 tablespoons of diced garlic. And season with Adobo.
- By now the oven beeped so I put my 4 frozen hash browns in the oven.
- Then I get my hands dirty and massage the ground beef mixing the garlic, yolk and seasoning in while forming 4 patties and then placing them in the freezer.
- Next take those 8 strips of bacon, cut them in half and in a frying pan I fry up the bacon with 1/4 stick of cannabutter.
- While the bacon is frying I take another 1/4 stick and butter my burger buns.
- By now the bacon is done. So I take them out add another 1/4 stick of butter to the bacon grease and use that bacon butter mix to fry up the burgers. I can only do 2 at a time and I only flip them once. So by the time to make my second set of patties I add another 1/4 stick for the 2nd round. And yes here is where you melt the cheese onto the patty too.
- Next I take my hash browns out. They are nice and brown my now and I cut them up into strips.
- All while in another frying pan I using cannabutter to fry up 4 eggs over easy.
- Last part just stack your buttered bun, burger patty with cheese, hash brown strips, 2 strips of bacon cut into four, the fried eggs and the top bun. Boom! CannaBrunch is ready to serve!
I like to serve these with some fruit and french fries on the side but you can do whatever you want really. I do promise you however that all who indulge in this brunch is sure to have a baked, stoney day! Hope you enjoy!
Nothing says summer like a fruity, refreshing Sangria! And since alcohol can increase the impact of THC by up to 50%. Along with the combination of the terpenes in both the grapes used to make the wine and the cannabinoids in your finest ganja taste delicious! This cannabis infused sangria recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser. So lets get started:
This is a simple to follow recipe and you’re only going to need a few things.
- 1/8 grams of your finest weed (You could use more if you want. I came up with an 1/8 because I figured I can smoke an 1/8 by myself and drink a bottle of wine by myself so it seemed to be the right amount for me personally)
- 1 bottle of red wine (I used a Cabernet Sauvignon, my favorite, which ever wine you choose make sure it’s a dry red, not a sweet red)
- 10 pineapple chunks about a 1/2inch by a 1/2 inch cubed
- 1 orange sliced up thin
- 10 strawberries hulled and diced
- 14-20 green grapes cut in half
- 1 large pot or saucepan
- Cheesecloth and/or strainer (I use both)
- A pitcher
Once you’ve completed your prep the next part is called fortifying/infusing the wine. In theory Sangria is a fruit infused wine. But we are taking one step further by adding herb to it. Similar to what they have done since biblical times in making mulled wine. In case you don’t know the difference between mulled wine and sangria is that you serve sangria cold, that’s it.
- Pour the wine into the pot and place it on the stove.
- Add cannabis and half the above listed fruit, of coarse you can use different fruit if you’d like. However this recipe will bring out and enhance several elements of both the wine and the cannabis. It is a fact that vitamin C and citrus add to the entourage effect.
- Boil the mixture at a low flame for about two hours, checking frequently to make sure it’s not all evaporating. The process of boiling everything together will decarboxylate the cannabis.
- Strain the wine from the fruit and cannabis through a cheesecloth and/or strainer. See I put the cheesecloth in the strainer but you really don’t have to use both.
- Let the wine cool off.
- Fill a pitcher with remaining fruit and ice.
- And finally pour the infused wine you just created into your fruit and ice filled pitcher.
Warning: The results may be stronger than you expected, so take it slow and of coarse enjoy!
FYI: Don’t forget to eat the fruit at the the end either. Little fact about me, I got drunk for the 1st time when I was around 4 or 5 years old at a New Years eve party because my very young mother didn’t know that the fruit absorbs the liquor and I was eating everybody’s cocktail cherries in their drinks. So eat the fruit it’s an edible on its own. (I still love cocktail cherries by the way)
Hope you liked my cannabis infused sangria recipe and as always stay lit!