Skin is the largest organ in our body, and skincare is part of my daily bathing rituals, as I sincerely hope it’s a part of yours. As it turns out cannabis is incredible for the derma. And so I ask, do you know what weed can do for your skin?
Hemp is one of very few plants that produce GLA’s in their natural oil and these acids are extremely effective in skin care maintenance. Hemp is also rich in vitamins A and E, and contains trace amounts of important minerals such as potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc, calcium and phosphorus. It is also high in antioxidants, which are elements that prevent or decrease cell damage. Because of this property, many believe that the regular application of hemp oil slows the aging of the skin. Hemp oil is also a great source of vitamin D, allowing the absorption of calcium that is needed for soft, smooth skin.
CBD is also amazing for your skin, due to it’s natural healing properties, it’s a phenomenal ingredient to be incorporated into skin care products. Whole plant CBD and hemp-derived CBD are natural anti-inflammatories, which makes them ideal allies for combating acne. And because CBD (and THC) have antioxidant properties, cannabis skin care products can also be used to prevent and treat signs of aging, like fine lines and wrinkles. CBD is used to treat a multitude of skin conditions as well, from the relatively minor – dry skin, psoriasis, dermatitis, rosacea, acne – to serious skin cancers.
Hemp seed oil works great for skin and hair. Its nutritional value, combined with moisturizing and replenishing EFA’s (Essential Fatty Acids), make it one of the best vegetable body care foundations. Hemp seed oil’s EFA complement includes polyunsaturated fatty acids, omega-3, omega-6, omega-9, linoleic acid, and GLA’s (Gamma Linoleic Acids).
Cannabinoid receptors exist throughout the skin, making your epidermis a perfect entry point for THC absorption. When applied on the skin, it can combat wrinkles and fight fine lines. Want to try some great canna skincare products? HighTimes Magazine has put together a great list: 20 Must-Have Cannabis-Infused Body Products
Not too sure if you want to invest in something without trying it out first? Well, here’s a great DIY face mask you can make yourself in the comfort of your own home?
1 ripe organic avocado
1/4 cup hemp oil (or marijuana oil, where legal)
2 tsp spirulina powder
Several drops of pure essential oil (optional)
A large makeup brush that you don’t mind getting gooey (optional)
- Slice open the avocado, remove the pit, carve out the green meat and put it into the blender.
- Add 1/4 cup of hemp oil. ( you can either make your own homemade coconut by distilling some shake the same way you would to make butter, using coconut oil as a base instead. Make sure you keep the flame low, and have some patience, because if you burn it, it’s useless. You want to simmer it, not boil it, for about three hours. Then, strain it. ) Or just brand THC oil, CBD oil or hemp oil.
- Add the spirulina powder and the optional essential oils.
- Blend until the mixture is creamy, smooth and resembles frosting on a Saint Patrick’s Day cake.
- Tie your hair back. To prepare your skin for maximum nutrient and moisture absorption, steam your pores open. You can do this either by applying a hot, wet towel to your face (Not too hot. Don’t burn yourself!), or
- Heating a pot of water on the stove until near-boiling, pour it into a heatproof bowl and set the bowl in front of you. Put your face over the bowl (but do not put your face in the near-boiling water.. Duh!). Put a towel over your head and the bowl. Sit there, letting the steaming vapor caress your face for about 10 minutes. You can also add a few drops of aromatherapy, or essential oil, such as eucalyptus or lavender.
- Ten minutes later, with your pores wide open and receptive, spread that mask on. You can use your hands, because covering them in goo is fun, if you’re the tactile type. If you’re more type A, and into less mess, use a makeup brush to apply the mask. Whisk it generously, all over your face, avoiding the eye area, because the skin under your eyes is the most delicate.
- Let the mask sit for at least 15-20 minutes, while you chill maybe smoke a blunt.
- Wash it off and reveal your glowing skin.
Please follow and like us: