Yes you read that right! I got my dogs high and they liked it! Turns out humans are not the only mammals with cannabinoid receptors, in fact most mammals do and you can definitely get your dogs high. However safety is of utmost importance.Read More
The amount of cannabis given to your doggie is very important. There have actually been reports of dogs dying :
But in the same breath, Cannabis can be especially helpful for older dogs suffering from hip dysplasia and glaucoma, common issues with a majority of older pets. It also helps to alleviate pain, stimulate appetite, and lead to a better quality of life. Cannabis-infused tincture is one of the best forms to cannabis to give to your pet.
I fact ,
The late Dr. Doug Kramer, known as the “Vet Guru” risked his career by promoting medical marijuana for dogs. He developed a homemade tincture for his very own dog that suffered from cancer. He realized the benefits she had from using marijuana which made her last few months much more comfortable. He started Enlightened Veterinary Therapeutics, the country’s first vet to offer medical marijuana for dogs and other pets.
Another great and safe option (also what I did) are these homemade cannabis infused dog treats! I made them for my dogs:
The the effects looked like this:
Followed by some napping, silly dog smiles and munchies, they were so licking their chops for more! Plus, the pumpkin helps to alleviate any stomach issues, and promotes healthy digestions. Plus, it’s a great way to use any leftover jack-o-lanterns from Halloween!
- 1/2 cup cooked/canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons powdered milk
- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon bacon grease (melted)
- 3 Tablespoons cannabis butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix your pumpkin, egg, and salt together.
- Slowly add a cup of flour at a time (until the consistency is more doughy, and less sticky)
- Roll the dough out to 1/2 inch thickness, and cut into shapes
- Bake for 20 minutes on one side, then turn over and bake another 20 minutes.
- Let the treat cool-down for 10 minutes before basting with melted bacon grease & cannabis butter.
Let’s even have our dogs lit! And Definitely check out The Weed Scene for some awesome recipes like this Dank Cheesecake:
that you might have already seen on my Instagram @Smokette_